The following new features are included in this service pack.
· Support for custom authentication module. See Custom Authentication Instructions for details.
· Mechanism to periodically change the encryption key to better secure System 9 products. See Regenerating the SSO Encryption Key for information.
· Restricted access in User Management Console
Enhancement to Infrastructure Support
· High availability support for Shared Services Web application and OpenLDAP using Oracle Clusterware. See Oracle Enterprise Performance Management / Business Intelligence White papers web site for a whitepaper that discusses how to implement Oracle Clusterware support for Shared Services.
Performance improvements made in this service pack include the following:
· Improved performance while listing users and groups in Workspace, Planning, and Business Rules
· Improved System 9 login performance
· Improved provisioning performance in User Management Console
· Faster startup of System 9 products
· Improved performance while using the Import/Export Utility
Functional Bug Fixes
Some of the important bug fixes in this service pack include following:
· Essbase Security refresh bug fixes
· Fixes to Projects listing in the User Management Console to correct intermittent disappearance of projects
· Fixes to application status listing in the User Management Console to correct intermittent mislabeling of application status
· Fixes to reduce the number of calls made by System 9 products to LDAP/MSAD servers
· Fixes to correct Financial Management taskflow issues
· Fixes to correct issues in the UpdateNativeDir Utility
This service pack can be applied to all supported platforms for release 9.3.1. See the Installation Start Here, for a list of supported platforms.
This release supports English only.