(1) A new troubleshooting tool introduced in Oracle EPM 18.104.22.168 is \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\bin\ziplogs.bat|.sh file. The output of this is generated in \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\ziplogs\EPM_logs__22.214.171.124.0.zip
(2) Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM) is an advanced tool which collects and evaluates settings from configuration files (but not Hyperion Registry) and stores them in a central database administered by Oracle. It was first introduced into EPM in version 126.96.36.199
(3) Remote Desktop Assistant (RDA) collects and zips up a large amount of information concerning the software and hardware environments of Oracle products. If Perl 5.1 or later is installed on the computer and accessible from the command line (test: perl -version), then run: \Oracle\Middleware\ohs\rda\rda.cmd from the command line to access the RDA tool. Alternately, precompiled RDA executables are available for several platforms.
(4) Configuration settings have been moved from configuration files to a database repository associated with Shared Services. These may be extracted to an HTML formatted file by running \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\bin\epmsys_registry.bat|.sh without parameters from the command line. The output is generated to file \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\reports\registry.html The username/login/jdbc URL for the Hyperion/HSS registry are kept in \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\config\foundation\188.8.131.52\reg.properties file.
(5) A much enhanced validation tool is available in \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\bin\validate.bat. In EPM 184.108.40.206 the output files are of the form \Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\diagnostics\reports\instance_report_20YYMMDD_######.html (where YY is the year, MM is the month, DD is the day, and ###### is a unique integer). It also runs the tool under (1) and gives the output of that tool.
(6) Individual log files may be found in subdirectories under (those 'starred' are not collected by ziplogs):
(7) Some debug tools (*) can be activated if under http://:19000/workspace/index.jsp > Navigate > Administration > Workspace Server Settings > Client Debug Enabled: is set to Yes (then click 'OK' button, close all browser windows, and restart browser).
Other tools are available at these URLs (largely derived from validate.bat output). A non-Error response indicates that the web service of each particular application is active.: